New Arrival Festival
A Cultural Celebration of the Newest Angelenos, New Arrival Festival is an open-to-the-public celebration of the individuals and families resettling right here in the City of Angels. Guests will learn what it's like to resettle here in LA and connect with their new neighbors in an atmosphere of music, food, art and storytelling.
- Syrian fare by New Arrival Supper Club featuring cook Abir AlJrafi of Syria
- Welcoming reception with music performed by Dalan Younes new arrival musician from Syria
- Opening Remarks with Miry Whitehill, Founder, Miry’s List and a Los Angeles city elected official who has been instrumental in making Los Angeles a more welcoming place for all.
- Panel: Resettling in the City of Angels, a Conversation with New Arrivals in LA. Moderated by Maz Jobrani: Comedian, Angeleno, Iranian-American
- Live hummus preparation demo with Abir of Syria, hosted by Evan Kleiman, culinary multitasker, Angeleno, good neighbor
- Welcome Blanket Exhibit in partnership with Jayna Zwieman
- Family portrait studio by Christina Gandolfo
424 N Main St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Map and directions