We Are All America welcomes refugees
We Are All America affirms our historical role as a refugee protection leader and works to build broad public support for those seeking freedom and safety in the US.
- Admit 125,000 refugees annually
- Demonstrate public support for refugee resettlement
- Reclaim historic bipartisan support for refugees and refugee resettlement
We Are All America pledges to protect asylum seekers
Individuals who flee to the United States and apply for asylum have survived unimaginable conditions, including torture, murder of family members, and religious and political persecution. They are not afforded legal representation, and are left to navigate our complex immigration laws alone, often facing insurmountable language and cultural barriers without social support.
- We Are All America pledges to support protections and due process for asylum seekers.
- Stop separating families and reunite those that have been torn apart
- End "Remain in Mexico" and asylum bans
- Stop incarcerating asylum seekers and implement actual cost-effective alternatives to detention
- Ensure due process for asylum seekers
- Demonstrate public support for asylum and opposition to policies blocking access to asylum
- Increase bipartisan support for asylum
We Are All America advocates for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) recipients
Hundreds of thousands of people are living in the US with Temporary Protected Status, TPS, which was provided to them when something catastrophic—like war, famine or a natural disaster—happened in their home country and prevented their safe return. Many have been here for decades and have deep roots in the United States. They have raised US-born children, built businesses, bought homes, and become valued community members.
- Provide a pathway for current and past TPS recipients to the United States to legally remain, with an eventual path to citizenship
We Are All America supports keeping families together
Our immigration policies should focus on supporting whole, thriving families, ensuring refugees and asylees begin their new lives in the United States with their loved ones. We support and offer our solidarity to DREAMers and other immigrants struggling to keep their families intact. We Are All America promotes policies that remove barriers to family unification for all immigrant families.
- Advocate for reuniting refugees, asylees and TPS recipients with their families in the United States
- Support DREAMers and the immigrant rights movement in their advocacy and organizing
We Are All America supports all newcomers regardless of religion, race or country of origin
As a nation with diverse faith and cultural traditions, we honor difference and work to foster understanding between people. Our immigration, asylum and refugee resettlement policies must not discriminate against or favor any religious or ethnic group over another. We Are All America believes that all journeys of migration are unique and should be equally valued.
We Are All America builds inclusive communities
Refugees deserve to live in an America free from harassment, hate and fear. Our many faith traditions and our democratic values call us to create communities of welcome, where the contributions of newcomers are recognized and celebrated. Together, We Are All America will ensure our newest neighbors live, work and thrive in supportive, welcoming communities.
- Respond to incidents of hate and harassment targeting refugees, Muslims, and other communities
- Advocate for policies and practices that create more inclusive cities and states for refugees, asylees and TPS recipients
- Defeat restrictive, anti‐refugee and anti-asylum policies at the local, state, and national levels
We Are All America advances opportunity for newcomers
Our history informs us that a new American’s potential or future is not determined by level of education, wealth, or language spoken at point of entry. Refugees carry an entrepreneurial spirit, a determination to contribute and a drive to create a better life for their families. We Are All America advocates for policies that advance opportunity for refugees and support their successful integration.
- Fund programs that demonstrate measurable and successful models of refugee integration at the local, state and national levels
We Are All America uplifts the experiences and leadership of those most impacted
- Center and develop the leadership and civic engagement of immigrants, refugees, asylees and TPS recipients in our work
- Empower newcomers to take action on their own behalf
- Highlight and amplify the powerful stories of those who have come to the United States seeking freedom, safety and refuge
We Are All America organizes supporters of newcomers to take action
- Engage individuals, organizations, coalitions, faith groups and others in taking action at the grassroots to stand for welcome