Refugee Leadership Development Program
Led by Refugees for Refugees
What is the Refugee Leadership Development Program?
The Refugee Leadership Development Program provides monthly workshops to refugee and immigrant organizers across the United States. Led by refugees for refugees, this training series is an opportunity to learn more about advocacy tactics being used to advance pro-refugee / pro-immigrant policy on the state and national level, story-telling and narrative shifting, and connecting with resources and local networks to build more welcoming and inclusive communities.
Participants who attend a minimum of 3 workshops will receive a Certificate of Participation by We Are All America. Similarly, those who attend every training will be gifted a Certificate of Completion, where the alum of our program will be invited to co-facilitate or propose future workshops.
What workshops are available?
Our upcoming workshops are as follows:
- May 19th - Organizing your Own World Refugee Day Event Through an Advocacy Lense
- July 21st - How to Engage Elected Officials & Best Advocacy Practices
- August 18th - The Power of Organizing: Organizing & Leadership
- September 15th - Organizing Campaign Planning: How to Put Together an Effective Campaign
- October 20th - Resources & Tools for Ethnic Community-Based Organizations
- November 17th - Digital Organizing, Comms & Accessibility Training
All workshops are at 4:00 PM Pacific Time / 7:00 PM Eastern Time and are normally held on Thursdays. In addition, you can find previous workshop recordings on the We Are All America YouTube channel.
How can I register?
Please register by filling out the following form on Action Network. You will receive a thank-you message featuring the Zoom link and will receive a reminder before the training takes place. If you need any additional information, please contact our Digital Organizer at [email protected]