South Florida Sarasota-Manate World Refugee Day
The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee is proud to host the first World Refugee Day Celebration in the Sarasota-Manatee region to honor the efforts and the struggles of refugees worldwide. Join the festivities featuring food, refugee art, music and dance.
- Face painting and artwork activities for children
- Slideshow of refugee youth photography
- Free household supplies for refugee families
- Cuban food
- A panel of resettled refugee adults sharing their stories
- Cultural entertainment: the Sarasota Cuban Ballet School, music by Ukrainian musicians and Latin and Afro-Cuban dances by professionals from Fred Astaire of Sarasota
Join us for fun and information! Free and open to the public.
Co-sponsored by Southwest Florida Refugee Task Force.
8350 N Tamiami Trl
Sarasota, FL 34243
Map and directions