Good for a Change - Refugee Welcome Gift Assembly Party
Join Good for a Change volunteers of all ages for a refugee welcome gift assembly party at the University Lutheran Church. Come for as much or as little of the event as you can.
We will be making welcome cards for refugees and putting together donations for welcome gifts. Gift baskets will be donated to Refugee Women's Alliance (ReWA.org) who will distribute to refugees making the transition to our community.
Sharing your time will be much appreciated. If you are able to bring something, below a wish list of items that can help brighten a refugee's day (All items should be NEW): To coordinate donations, you can see the sign up sheet at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4fa8ad29a5f85-good
1) Silverware (forks, knives, spoons) and cooking utensils (wooden sppon, spatula, ladle)
2) Toiletries (e.g., individually packaged toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap)
3) Kitchen items (e.g., dishsoap, sponges, can openers, dish towels, oven mitts)
4) Boxes of garbage bags
5) Travel umbrellas (It is Seattle, after all)
7) School Supplies (notebooks, ½ - 1 ½ inch binders, pencils, three ringed pencil bags, and erasers)
8) Gift bags
9) Tissues, chap stick, unscented soaps or lotions.
This is part of the GoodForAChange.org Week of Action. Local community service in pursuit of national change. Visit www.goodforachange.org for more information on the movement.
1604 NE 50th St
Seattle, WA 98105
Map and directions