Exploring Refugee Policy for the 21st Century
Join the Niskanen Center for the release of our new paper on the national security and strategic foreign policy impacts of refugee resettlement and two panel discussions with invited keynote speaker Senator James Lankford.
The event will take place on September 20th from 9:45am-12:30pm in Russell Senate Office Room 485. Please RSVP to Matthew La Corte at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14.
Refugee Resettlement and U.S. National Security: the Strategic Case for Resettlement with:
- Professor Idean Salehyan, University of North Texas
- Linda Chavez, Niskanen Center Senior Fellow
- Scott Cooper, Human Rights First
Community Sponsorship of Refugees: Harnessing American Philanthropy with:
- Chris Gersten, former director of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
- Jennifer Bond, Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative
- Chris George, Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services
This event is co-sponsored by the National Immigration Forum, the International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP), Human Rights First, and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Click here to view the event flyer.
Map and directions